This Dairy-Free Strawberry Pomegranate Smoothie is the perfect blend of sweet fruits and winter spices, including nutmeg and cinnamon. Ready in just a handful of minutes, it’s deliciously paleo and vegan!
Smoothies are not just for spring and summer, Spiriteds, especially when they contain pomegranates, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Winter holidays deserve their own smoothie, too. And this Dairy-Free Strawberry Pomegranate Smoothie fits the bill to a T!
Basically, yes, you’ll find me face-first in Grain-Free Cinnamon Scones and Gluten-Free Snowball Cookies. But I also want to throw a few fruits into my holiday repertoire. And it turns out strawberries, pomegranates, cinnamon, and nutmeg provide several health benefits (click on each link to learn more).
So you can have your flavor and your health benefits, too! Just a small gift to give yourself this holiday season.
Let’s make our own smoothie together!
INGREDIENTS FOR DAIRY-FREE STRAWBERRY POMEGRANATE SMOOTHIE:
Below are the ingredients you’ll need for Dairy-Free Strawberry Pomegranate Smoothie. For best results, select a fresh pear that’s to your liking, and keep those spices nearby!
- Almond milk or other non-dairy milk of choice. Start with about 1 cup of milk and then add more as needed.
- Strawberries. Fresh or thawed work best. Slightly frozen will also work, but you’ll have a slightly different flavor (not quite as sweet and a little “icy”).
- Pomegranate arils. These are the seeds of the pomegranate, and I say the more the merrier!
- One fresh pear. This smoothie’s flavor is dependent upon the freshness of the pear you choose. If it isn’t fresh enough, the smoothie may taste a little bland. Too ripe and the flavor may overpower the other ingredients.
- Spices. I love cinnamon and nutmeg in this smoothie. They also help offset the ripeness of the pear. So if your pear ends up not being quite right, add a little more spice to counteract the flavor.
- Sweetener of choice. You can definitely use agave nectar, honey, or maple syrup in this. It’s totally personal preference, and each sweetener will bring its own flavor to the mix, literally and figuratively.
HOW TO MAKE DAIRY-FREE STRAWBERRY POMEGRANATE SMOOTHIE:
Making Dairy-Free Strawberry Pomegranate Smoothie is super easy. Made just like any other smoothie, the fun is in adding the combination of spices that strike your palate. I love nutmeg and cinnamon in this recipe!
- Pour milk into blender, followed by strawberries, pomegranate arils, and sliced pear. Blend until smooth.
- Add spices and sweetener to the mixture until desired flavor is achieved. Use just one spice or a combination of both spices, and add more sweetener, if desired, especially if the pear’s freshness ends up not quite to your liking.
- Then enjoy! This smoothie is best enjoyed within 24 hours and should be refrigerated.
Happy holidays, Spiriteds!
Dairy-Free Strawberry Pomegranate Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 5 cups 1x
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups almond milk (or other nut milk of choice)
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or thawed), halved
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 pear, sliced
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (vegan), 100% pure honey (paleo), or maple syrup (vegan or paleo)
- Cinnamon and/or nutmeg to taste (I worked in 1/8 teaspoon increments of each until I reached the desired taste)
- Combine almond milk, strawberries, pomegranate arils, and pear in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add sweetener, and then add spices about 1/8 teaspoon at a time until desired flavor is achieved.
- Store in refrigerator, and, for best results, consume within 24 hours.