Shrimp Scampi with Fresh Cilantro and Veggie Noodles
- 1 pound shrimp, thawed or fresh
- 2+ tbsp olive oil
- 2+ cloves garlic, pressed (more if you want extra flavor for your veggie noodles)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- dash of pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion salt, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (more if cilantro is your thang)
- 2 yellow squash, julienned
- Sauté shrimp in olive oil for approximately a minute.
- Add two cloves of pressed garlic, sea salt, onion salt, and pepper.
- Add more olive oil, if necessary, especially if adding more cilantro.
- Continue sautéing for approximately 7 minutes.
- While the shrimp and spices are cooking, begin julienning the yellow squash. Set aside.
- Stir fresh cilantro in with the shrimp and spices and continue sautéing for another 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside in a covered bowl to keep warm.
- In same skillet, add julienned yellow squash and optional olive oil and additional pressed garlic.
- Sauté approximately 4 minutes, or until noodles turn slightly soft. Separate with a fork. Do not over cook.
- Layer noodles on a plate and top with shrimp.
- Serve immediately.