Potato Masher/Electric Mixer Method
- Steam cauliflower until easily pierced with a fork. Transfer to a mixing bowl and then mash with a potato masher to break the florets down. If you don’t have a potato masher, then a fork will do for this step.
- Next add the sea salt, coconut oil (or butter of choice), and almond milk. Blend with an electric mixer on a LOW to MEDIUM speed until the cauliflower resembles mashed potatoes. Fold in herbs and onions.
- Consume within about 24 hours.
This method produces thicker, chunkier cauliflower “potatoes.”
High Speed Blender Method
- Steam cauliflower until easily pierced with a fork. In a high speed blender, add the milk, sea salt, and steamed cauliflower in that order, and blend on a LOW speed. Stream in more milk if the blades clog.
- Once the desired consistency is reached, pour into a serving bowl. Stir in coconut oil or butter of choice. Then fold in herbs and onions. Top with coarse black pepper.
- Refrigerate leftovers for about two days.
This method produces creamier cauliflower “potatoes” and has a slightly longer shelf life.