To prepare the ingredients:
- In a saucepan, prepare enough cooked quinoa to yield 1/2-3/4 cup cooked quinoa, according to package instructions. Add the sea salt and olive oil, if not originally mentioned in the package instructions.
- While the quinoa cooks, prepare the collard greens. Rinse each leaf and then trim the thick center stem out of each leaf, removing it about one third to halfway up the leaf.
- Place the collard greens in a pan of boiling water and blanch them for two minutes. Then transfer the leaves to an ice water bath to shock them. This prevents them from being overcooked. Let them sit there for a minute or so and then transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate or tray. Pat away as much excess water as possible from the leaves before assembling the wraps.
- When the quinoa is done cooking, remove it from the heat and fluff it with a fork.
- While the quinoa is cooling, combine the avocados, lime juice, and sea salt in a small bowl. Mash them together just enough to form a paste.
To assemble each wrap:
- Lay each leaf on a cutting board with the inside of the leaf facing up. Spread about 1-2 tablespoons avocado onto the collard green and then sprinkle with parsley.
- Next, place a few pieces of shredded chicken on top of the avocado and add more parsley.
- Finally, scoop about 1 tablespoon cooked quinoa onto the chicken and top with more parsley.
- Then take the rounded edge of the collard green and fold it over the layered mixture. As you begin rolling it, start bringing the sides together, up and over the layered mixture, similar to making a taco or wrapping a present. There will be a gap in the leaf where the spine was, so as you roll the wrap, pull the two sides closer together to close the gap.
- For best results, keep refrigerated and consume within 24 hours.