Spiriteds, we are jumping tastebuds first into today’s bowl of yummy goodness. Cauliflower Turmeric Quinoa Bowls house two extra ingredients that make them next-level good: crunchy green onions and cumin. Quinoa is a thing in our house and has been for several years. I’m the primary partaker of its goodness, so I’m always on the prowl for additional flavors to add and creative ways to enjoy it.
And today we have a winner.
What’s even better than a winning recipe? A winning recipe that tastes just as good the next day as it does straight out of the saucepan, which is pretty much how I feel about these Cauliflower Turmeric Quinoa Bowls. They are all kinds of meal-prep ready, and I figure lunch not only just got a little bit easier but also a whole lot tastier.
I’m not alone in this new quinoa obsession either. While I was trying out different combinations and unable to decide which flavor mash-up to pursue, K-Hubs went ALL IN for the cumin. So, I savored another delicious bite of that combo, just doing what a food blogger has to do, and he was all kinds of right. Turmeric and cumin ARE a match made in heaven. A match we will now endeavor to enjoy on the regular.
Seriously, Cauliflower Turmeric Quinoa Bowls taste like they took hours to prepare, full of rich flavors and complementary textures, when in reality they take fewer than 30 minutes to make.
Like cumin, cauliflower is a good choice here, too. Once it simmers with the quinoa, cauliflower boasts the perfect consistency, not too soft and not too crunchy. Also, you know how sometimes you eat a spicy meal that otherwise tastes good, but every now and then you get a weird bite of either just one spice or an overload of all the spices? Yeah, well, Cauliflower Turmeric Quinoa Bowls aren’t like that. No spice-related peaks or valleys in this gluten-free dinner recipe. Just a nice even flavor that ages well.
So, how do we go about preparing this amazingness?
- Prep a batch of quinoa according to package instructions that will yield two cups cooked (for example, the brand I use calls for one cup uncooked quinoa, which yields two cups cooked)
- Add a little olive oil and sea salt
- Throw in some cloves of fresh pressed garlic
- Add in the turmeric and cumin
- Once the quinoa has started to absorb the water and is no longer a runny mess, THEN add the cauliflower and continue to simmer
- Lastly, but never “leastly”, throw in the green onion
Cauliflower Turmeric Quinoa Bowls are seriously so easy to prepare that in just those bullet points alone, I basically shared the entire recipe. But the finished product will taste like a million bucks and as though it took thousands of hours to make. Except in reality it will have only cost you a few dollars and minutes to bring to life!
So grab your bowl, make this batch of deliciousness, and get your turmeric + cumin ON! Happy crunch-munching, Spiriteds!
Turmeric Cauliflower Quinoa Bowls
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 3 1/2 cups 1x
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/4 cup green onion
- Pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa, water, olive oil, sea salt, garlic, turmeric, and cumin and bring to a boil. Simmer covered for about 5-7 minutes, or until the water has begun to evaporate.
- Add in chopped cauliflower, cover, and continue to simmer for another 7-8 minutes, or until liquid has completely evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Stir in green onion and let sit for about 5 minutes. Garnish with black pepper and ENJOY! Store in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days.
If I don’t have cauliflower already chopped and ready to go, I do that step during the first 5-7 minutes the quinoa is simmering.
Leave a Reply